…Reasons Where the Wild Things Are works better as a trailer. (SPOILERS BELOW). The trailer:
- streamlines Max’s relationship with the Wild Things.
- doesn’t have over ninety minutes of hand-held camera work.
- doesn’t have someone’s arm being ripped off by mistake.
- doesn’t show Max biting his mom.
- condenses and simplifies the pervasive meta commentary of the movie.
- doesn’t cost eleven dollars.
- has all the best lines in it.
- didn’t force me to watch previews for three contemptible CG children’s movies “coming soon!”
- has the Arcade Fire in it.
- is short, mysterious, evocative…like a book I once read..
* All comments intended to be (mostly) tongue-in cheek. I enjoyed the movie.
Agree? Disagree? Comment below.